Cavewire email templates are formatted with HTML and CSS, and can be edited with some basic coding knowledge. In addition, you can further customise the template by adding variables, widgets and static blocks.
Many of the default email templates contain placeholder information that must be changed before any transactional email messages are sent to customers. When the template is ready to be used, make sure to update your system configuration, so the updated template will be used instead of the sample template.
Choose a Default Template
- On the admin menu, navigate to system->transactional emails then select Add New Template.
- In the Template list, you can select a default template that you want to adjust from the list of predefined templates.
- If needed, set the Locale to the store language, however this will default using your global Cavewire settings.
- Select Load Template.
NB. The path to the configuration settings for each default template appears at the top of the Template Information section. Make note of this “Used as Default for” path, because you will later need to update the configuration with the name of the new template.
Customise the Content
In the template information section, do the following:
- Enter a Template Name for the new email template - this will be used for internal reference.
- In the Template Subject field, type the text to appear in the Subject Header of the email.
- Complete/adjust the Template Content as needed.
NB. You can use the insert a variable section too if you want to customise the email with customer or order details.
When complete, click the Save Template button.
You should also then Preview the Template to ensure it is working correctly before selecting it as a default transactional email that is sent to customers.
Update system configuration
Before the template will go live, you must update the configuration settings with the new template using the new template reference name. Check the path that you recorded in Step 1. when updating your configuration with the name of the new template. Learn more about configuring email templates.
- On the admin menu, Select System->Configuration
- In the left hand navigation, select Sales->Sales Emails.
- Update the templates as needed.
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
Keywords: email, sales emails, email templates, emails,