Email templates contain the content and formatting for automated messages that area sent from your store. These messages are called transactional emails because each one is associated with a specific type of transaction or event.
Your store has a set of default templates that you can customise. After creating a customised version of a template, remember to update your system configuration so the correct template is used for the message.
To Configure Sales Email Templates
- On the Admin menu select System->Configuration
- Using the left-hand navigation select Sales-Sales Emails. In here you can select default templates for:
- Order and Order Comments
- Invoice and Invoice Comments
- Shipment and Shipment Comments
- Credit Memo and Credit Memo Comments
- When complete, click the Save Config button.
To configure customer email templates
- On the Admin menu, select System->Configuration
- In the panel on the left, under customer, select Customer Configuration then select the appropriate templates for the following:
- Create new account options
- Password options
- When complete, click the Save Config button
Keywords: email, sales emails, email templates, emails,