Configure and Connect
This article will show you how to configure your Mailchimp for Cavewire settings, like how and where to sync your customers to Mailchimp.
To configure and connect to Mailchimp, follow these steps.
- In your Cavewire Admin Menu, select System -> Configuration.
- In the left navigation pane, click Mailchimp.
If you don't see the option for Mailchimp, please submit a request to Cavewire.
- Leave the form fields blank for now, and click Get API credentials.
- In the pop-up window, input your Mailchimp login credentials and click Log In.
- In the pop-up window, highlight the API key and copy it to a text editor or your clipboard, so you can paste it to Cavewire.
- Close the pop-up window to return to the configuration screen.
- Paste your Mailchimp API key in the API Key field.
- Click Save Config.
- When the page reloads, set Mailchimp to enabled
- click the General Subscription drop-down menu and choose the Mailchimp list to sync with Cavewire.
- Next, edit or create merge fields to send Cavewire-specific information to Mailchimp.
- In the Ecommerce section, click the drop-down menu next to Enabled and choose Yes to enable Mailchimp's e-commerce features.
- Click the drop-down menu next to Subscribe all customers to the newsletter, and choose No. We recommend this setting for a permission-based list.
- In the Abandoned Cart section, click Yes to enable Mailchimp's abandoned cart automation feature.
- In the First date field of the Abandoned Cart section, choose the date that you want to begin targeting abandoned carts.
- Click Save Config.
Mailchimp and Cavewire are now connected. Cavewire customers will be added your list, and e-commerce data will be added to Mailchimp's subscriber profiles. Guest checkouts will be added to the Transactional section of your list.
Products, customers, and orders will be sent to Mailchimp approximately every five minutes via a cron job.
Optional: View Site Details
After you install Mailchimp for Magento, you can visit the Connected Sites page in your account and view details for your connected store. Here, you can see the status of the integration or add and manage e-commerce features.
To view your site details, follow these steps.
- Log in to your Mailchimp account.
- Click your profile name, and choose Connected Sites.
From here, you'll be able to view your synced list, embed a pop-up signup form on your site, or add and monitor e-commerce automations that use data from your connected Cavewire store.
Please sign in to leave a comment.